Monday, May 14, 2012

May begins...

Oh what an end of the school year.  The month of May is already flashing before my eye and it has just begun.  My May started with a wonderful visit from Emily Grabner last Thursday, and a beautiful wedding downtown. It always brightens my day when I revisit with an old friend and knowing that even if a year or two goes by that our friendship never changes and continues to grow with age.  Grabner and I have that wonderful relationship. Allred's wedding was urban, classic, beautiful, fun, and exuded love.  Beautiful!


I feel like my birthday week started Sunday.  I started my morning working out, graded, previewed a film I am showed to my class. The film was Whale Rider; I am embarrassed to say that I cried...okay I was bailing the last twenty mins. of the film. Fantastic and I highly recommend it. The evening continued with a birthday dinner with the ladies of the family.  It concluded with my weekly viewing of  Game of Thrones with the parents and Kari. 

Monday after school I went over to my friend April's house to plan our trip to Portland and Seattle.  We went from travolicty, to hotwire, to priceline, and back again. Finally after four hours of negotiating we booked four nights of our five nights in the region; it sounds crazy but we are only spending roughly 150-200 a piece in hotel fees, Success!



I am so so excited about this trip.  I am pumped to explore the Northwest region of our country.  We are staying in Portland for two nights, one night in the wine country (Newberg), one night in a coastal city, and then one night in Seattle.  We will constantly be on the go, but I envision a great adventure ahead of us.  I feel Portland and the Northwest region it always on the top of people's favorites of places visited.  I am also excited to take this adventure with April. 

Tuesday was my birthday. Tuesday I went to work and a track meet; I got to spend time with my students and athletes and it was actually a very relaxing great day.  They were all sweet and all said happy birthday and kept mentioning how lucky I was to spend my special day with them.  I ended my day with frozen pizza and a glass, okay two glasses of wine.  It was a perfect ending...because after all my texts, emails, and facebook messages I knew people were thinking about me and sending their love.  I am very blessed to have friends that I can count on and love me for who I am.  Birthdays come and go and they change when you grow older but the same idea is always there...feeling special and loved. 

At the end of Tuesday came the closure to my 27th year.  I have learned a great deal this past year. It is important to remember who you are , enjoy every possible second with friends, go for your dreams, and that love really is out there but sometimes it takes longer for a person to find that one. I see evidence of this everyday in people around me.  I am looking forward to this coming year...I have a great feeling that 28 will be a good year and my journey in life is just beginning.

Tuesday came and went, yet I feel my birthday week kept going.  Wednesday I got to spend the evening with the parents on the Plaza for dinner.  Pasta, wine, gifts, and good quality time with parents made it a successful night.  Thursday I spent the evening with my girl Susan and her man Austin...starting with happy hour to dinner; love hanging out with them.  Side note: was anyone else shocked shocked shocked on Grey's Anatomy?  I can not wait for this weeks show.

Friday I spent another great evening on the Track...this coming Friday is Regional and is probably my favorite meet.  I love the excitement of someone being in the top and having their dreams come true in making State.  Love It!

Saturday...oh Saturday.  I had a very productive morning on Saturday worked out and went to the farmers market...which was terribly packed this Saturday; people are enjoying this nice weather, and finally the vendors being filled.  The original plan for the evening was to eat at Cheesecake Factory but with three hour waits and not willing to work with a large party we had to change up the plans...so Brookside here we came.  We stopped at Charlie Hooper's, Blue Grotto, and Brooksider; it was a great dinner with family and friends.  I appreciated everyone that came to spend the evening with me.  I seem to say this often, but I really do have an amazing family and friends that have always stood by me.






I mentioned in my previous paragraph that birthdays have changed from those crazy college days, yet I think Susan, Kari, Michelle, their boys, and I went back to our college days that evening.  Oh what a night.

I have a week and half left of school...the days are rolling by.  It is hard to believe this year is already over and I am about to start another year of my life.  My first few months of 28 will be a new Eat Love Pray journey...hanging with friends, attending concerts, seeing new amazing places, and continuing to stay on that path of happiness. 

Okay ending the blog with one of my guilty pleasures currently...don't judge!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bpOR_HuHRNs&ob=av2e

No comments:

Post a Comment