Tuesday, May 22, 2012

The Tegan and Sara obsession

I am having a music day...getting to a crazy point for sure.  I woke up this morning and looked at my news feed on Facebook and realized that Sara Bareilles was coming out with new EPs today.  I was like F* yeah. I went ahead and bought it, so I could listen to it while I was getting ready.  I decided to risk it, since I have acquired an iTunes problem, to scroll through and see the new albums that just came out.  I was amazed to see a long time favorite of mine with a new album Garbage; yes Garbage.  I was not a slow RB 90s listener; I was a rock/ alternative listener in high school and I still consider myself one but I have broaden my genres over the years.  I listened to it twice today and love it.  I actually have missed her voice and the type of sound the band plays. 

There are several new albums coming this summer...including Brandi Carlile and Fiona Apple; there will probably be more I come across through the months, and hey there is always new music to discover.

I discovered a link the other day on Sara Bareilles Facebook page, yes I am creepy friends with her and Ingrid Michaelson.  The link was to a YouTube video featuring Tegan and Sara's Carpool Confessionals.  They are pretty simple videos of them riding in their car to the studio, back home, and making funny stupid comments here and there.  It reminded me of how much I want a new album from them.  I admit I do have four of their albums and love every one of them.  Seeing these videos-- I watched all of them within an hour at school, yes I am bored when the students leave at 10:50 during final week--gave me hope that I will be hearing new music soon!

Tegan and Sara hold a special place in my heart because they remind me of time spent with my younger sister; we grew to love this band together.  We saw them the first time when they opened up for The Killers--which started our great love of them--and again when they came the KC a couple years ago.  After my sister and I fall madly in love with their music I passed it on to my good old college friends during the Baldwin summers.  There were two summers in Baldwin when Yosai and I would just sit on the porch drink some beers and listen to our Tegan and Sara.  It really is the soundtrack or our first summer together and the first summer I stayed in Baldwin. 

So in honor of one of my favorites I am placing some of their music videos in the blog.  I have realized not many people read my blogs, so I can use it to be nerdy with my music, passions, and lame stories.  If by chance you do read this blog...I hope you enjoy them as much as I do!

1 comment:

  1. I read your blog! And it makes me smile! I'm looking forward to some Tegan and Sara porch drinking soon.

    ReplyDelete