Since I have been back from Portland my life have still been in a whirlwind. I have spent time with friends, helping my parents get into their new house, 4th of July, working out, starting to date someone... ;) , and last night began my days of concerts!
Kari and I went on a little mini-trip yesterday to Omaha, NE to go see one of our favorite people...Ingrid Michaelson. We traveled the three hours because sadly she decided not to come to Kansas City, don't know why! KC is a wonderful music town!
The trip earned an A+. There were weird moments, laughing moments, and fantastic moments!
Our weird moment was the hotel. We stayed at the Ecno Lodge downtown. It was cheap and now we know why...because it smelled like pee, clock was not working, and the elevator looked like a bathroom door @ a bar!
We decided we had to drink a lot, so we could actually sleep and not be disgusted by the room. I also had a weird dream last night related to the short concierge who checked us in--it involved a maid, nudity, Kari yelling at him on the phone, and doors busting down. It almost reminded me of the Asian jumping out of the trunk in the Hangover movie. I don't know which was more disturbing my dream or the room, haha.
elevator door
Lets move on to the best part of the night--exploring Old Town and enjoying a great concert!
One thing I do enjoy about Old Town is the variety of bars. I also love the fact that many of them are called pubs and underground! Perfect-- It reminded us of the good old days @ Harlaxton!
The concert was @ Slowdown. It was a nice venue and the sound was great. The only problem during the night were people around the bar chatting away during a couple songs and I wanted to scream @ them to shut up! Besides that I loved every moment of the concert.
I highly recommend seeing her if you have a chance...she is funny, a wonderful songwriter, and a voice to fall in love with. Kari and I were true Ingrid nerds because we knew and sang every song.
This was new though....duet with Greg Laswell!
Her opening act was her new husband--Greg Laswell! Check him out as well!
Greg Laswell
Woodchuck!
So during her last song of the night she mentioned if people spent 15 or more bucks at the merchandise table that they could stay after the concert for a meet and greet. I think Kari almost peed her pants, so we hustled to the merch table and bought tote bags, haha. The meet and greet lasted thirty seconds but hey we got a picture and a signature! She also told Kari she smelled good and liked her breast. I guess I should have showed more cleavage... damn why do I have to be so modest.
After the concert we walked our sore legs back to Old Town for a few more drinks...then we decided to call it a night because today we went to the Zoo!
Tomorrow is Brandi Carlilie!
Wow, that was a full day!
ReplyDelete