Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Closure of Summer and The First Stages of Fall

It has been awhile since my last post, therefore it is about time to share the conclusion of my summer and what I have been up to lately.  My life has been a whirlwind as usual.  I went on another fabulous trip to Hawaii with my older sister, April, and tried to keep myself busy with people I love until I had to return to work.

I have learned a great deal this year.  I have learned to enjoy life and take everything in.  I feel life is too short to worry and stress over things that can not be changed.  I feel I have grown tremendously. I have concluded only I (you) can decide the happiness in my (your) life...either through travel, accomplishing goals, starting a family, marrying the man of your dreams, keeping in touch with friends, and making your dreams/ passions come true.  I feel that is where happiness lies.  Yes, I always have to put in my sentimental thought :).

Moving on...

I think I avoided writing about Hawaii b/c it seemed overwhelming.  It was a dream vacation and probably one of the top places I have been in my life.  There was hiking, paddle boarding, swimming, drinks, luau, waterfalls, helicopter ride, beauty, and time with my sister.  Maui was hands down my favorite of the islands.  I enjoyed Kauai but weather was always back and forth. The trip will be shared in pictures and small comments b/c I could probably write a novel on my experiences and it would take hours to complete and in the end bore you!
Sister and I @ our first hotel...perfect view!

 
One of my favorite things in Hawaii swimming holes! (p.s. I really went in the water b/c I had to pee...shame face)

 
Another swimming hole...you can see in the background that it was a popular spot and the ocean coming in making it a salt water and fresh water pool.


Snorkel Time!
 
@ the Luau


Another Swimming Hole!
 
After two miles of mud, hills, and rock we arrive to a beautiful beach!

 
This is what Kauai's weather did..made rocks muddy and slippery causing me to fall several times!

 
Helicopter Ride!!!!


 
Pearl Harbor!
 
There are more pictures on Facebook! If I waited to upload 200 pictures on blogspot I would never get to bed.

The rest of my summer was spent with amazing friends...

  • I got to spend a little time with my dear friend Kathy, who I will be seeing again in a couple weeks!!! 
  • I reunited with a great friend from college, Ashley. 
  • Went to the lake, a tradition for years.
  • Started to date someone that is treating me like a princess...(actually a little overwhelming; shows my being too independent issues.  Yes, I mentioned I have grown but everyone has their small issues here and there :)).
  • My girl Yosai came back for another weekend in August.
  • Royals games
  • Happy hours with amazing people
  • Bachelorette dinner nights
  • My girl Kari
  • Carrie's Baby Shower
  • 5ks...Glow Run







  • Lastly...the wonderful events leading up to my bestie's (Susan) big wedding day!

This is what I have been spending my time with the last two weekends.  Susan had her bridal shower and bach party two weekends ago.  It was a great time.  Bridal shower was at Stone Pillar winery, highly recommend, and the end of the night was spent on the KC strip. Now that was a night.  It was my first time taking the trolley on the KC Strip and can I just say Bunny.  If anyone has taken Bunny's trolley before then you know she is a crazy driver but man what a good time.  That night equaled laughter, great time with friends, and dancing.  The one comment I would say about my dancing is smooth...like I was on water!
Bridal Shower...Bride and bridesmaids

 
The winery!

 
Party Time!


Good old Bunny, haha
 
We had a mask theme...people actually bought us drinks so they could have our masks.

Last weekend, especially Saturday, took me down memory lane.  We took part in a Bridal Luncheon that Susan's grandmother hosted.  It was perfect and I think more people should do this.  It honors the bride but also the bridesmaids that take part in the bride's special day. 

After the luncheon, which was held in Baldwin City, we decided to head to Tri-Delta.  It was great to get back to the house and it is crazy how many memories I have created there in my four years of college.  Also to think that six years after I have left Baker I can still walk into the house with sisters and call them friends.  It truly shows that sisterhood can last after college.  I can not wait to see where our lives go, see their children grow up and their dreams come true.  Baker in general has a special place in my heart b/c there are many people, not including the house, I still consider friends.

Our last stop was the Saltmine. I feel you can not go down memory lane without dropping by the bar that you spent most of your junior and senior year in. 








 

Now the school year has started, yet don't worry this does not stop me and my adventures.  I have baby visits, a wedding, 5ks, happy hours, and concerts in my Fall future.  I am so excited.

The school is starting off well; full classes but nothing I can't handle :).  I have many friends that are teachers, a professor, or work with children.  I am sending good vibes your way and I hope you have a great year!

Signing off,
Nackles  





 

1 comment:

  1. I am so glad you were able to take the vacation with your sister! I hope to visit there one day too.

    ReplyDelete