Thursday, January 17, 2013

"About Time" I say...

It has been awhile since my last post...I think it could have even been since last summer!  Lets just say it has been a busy busy school year so far.
I seem to be one of those people that can never relax.  If I have two or three hours of relaxing, watching TV, or sitting around I start looking for things to do or people to call.  I LOVE to be busy and not be by myself (That is the real conclusion...I LOVE being around people!)
I am enjoying my school year, as always.  I feel ever since I started teaching World Regional Studies Honors I have loved my job as a teacher even more.  It is a Freshman course, which some people would steer away from, but I love their desire to learn and see their transition into high school.  It also helps that they are honor students ;).  I took the Fall off again this year from sports to relax, work out, and get my one day a week Happy Hour session with Susan.  I really look forward to those Happy Hour days :)....it is a great time to try new places for a cheaper price and to have great conversations with a great friend.  I will list some of our favorites places below!
When November rolls around I know it is time for me to say Goodbye to Happy Hours and Hello basketball season.  When this time rolls around I always complain and state this is going to be my last year, this is going to be my last year; then the season starts and I remember how much I Love the sport!  It has been an up and down season for my girls, but they have been fun and a joy to be around; yet it is the middle of the basketball season and I am already getting the itch for Spring.  I am ready to get some fresh air with Track and Field!

It has been a refreshing school year so far.  I have accomplished great things....4 5Ks and 1 10K to name a few.  I have been dating a great man for about 8 months now.  I won our family Christmas Eve dip contest.  I have been to roughly 10 concerts since the Summer, and I have continued to enjoy creative, new, and wonderful days and nights with family and friends dear to my heart.  I am excited to see what 2013 will bring me....doubling up on my aunt duties (Sister having TWINS), moving aaaagainnnn...maybe buy a House? (so the every two year move can stop for awhile), taking a two week sabbatical to Montana, Gabriel finally seeing Vegas, more weddings and babies oh my!, one more year in my 20s, Kanrocksas, and continuing to enjoy life.

FALL AND WINTER REVIEW 2012


Conquering several 5ks and one 10k...Hey maybe a half marathon is in my future.






Susan's Wedding!




Halloween Party @ Union Station





Concerts!






Night out with the Friends


Bingo Night



Fantasy Football!



10 Year High School Reunion!


The Quaff after the Jacobsons

Christmas Parties!









Erin back for the Holidays and New Years Eve



Christmas!



My winning dip recipe if anyone has the desire to try it...
http://usmasala.blogspot.com/2012/08/caprese-pizza-dip.html

KU basketball


Happy Hour Favorites:

Harry's Country Club
The Blue Line
La Bodega
Tannins Wine Bar
Drunken Fish
The Drop
Sol Cantina
McCormick and Schmicks
The Phoenix Jazz Club
Extra Virgin
McCoys
Beer Kitchen
Antons TapRoom
El Patron
The Granfalloom
RA Sushi
Avenues Bistro
Bo Lings---Sundays
Grunauer
Westside Local
Flying Saucer
Haus
....and the list can go on, my brain has hit a road block. 

Wine places that Susan and I enjoy are: Jennifer's Wines (Parkville) and Amigoni Winery (West Bottoms)

Until next time friends...

1 comment: