Monday, March 19, 2012

Memory Lane

Already another post...man I seem quick on these.  Actually I am trying to avoid grading my last papers of the quarter and I had a lot of time in traffic this evening, from track practice to home, to think about life.  I seem to do that often...think about life.  This time around I was not thinking about my life yet the life of my friends. I have been blessed in my life with friendships and I consider myself a pretty lucky girl. My friends are moving on to have amazing futures.  It seems like yesterday we were in high school or college living the life (crazy life in college; my high school friends and I were very tame in high school...we did get crazy with Karaoke at times...wind beneath my wings was my jam--my sister knows this quite well and it was sung at my Masters graduation in December I am sad to admit I shed a tear  :)) 

MOVING ON to my friends  (my mind wonders sometimes; anyone that has received voicemails from me know this as a fact!)...Several of my friends are getting married this year to just annoucing the beginning of their families, to happy marriages, families, pets, and careers. I am so happy for them all!

All this thinking really came along when one of my friends today heard fantastic news about her future and I know she has been struggling on what to do for weeks. Finally the decision has been made and I trully believe in her favor; she will do great things with her life. 

I am dedicating this blog to my friends and the wonderful memories we have shared so far in our slowly getting older lives....SO here it is to crazy beach house summers, tri-delta sisters, my freshman roommates...Alle, Grabs, Carrie, along with you Rachel  (once my fake wife on facebook) bachelorette parties/ weddings, wing women, track and field at Baker, the saltmine, trips all over the country to spend those crazy times with friends, baldwin city, Haralaxton, roommates, making stronger relationships, graduating and still living like I was in college, watching high school friends grow, concerts, drinking games, hugs, happy hours (showing that we are getting older), great conversations, a listening ear, and the many adventures to come. 

I might not talk to all my friends as often as I can but you are always in my thoughts and hearts; as I know I am in yours.  I have really grown in the last few years and much of it has been because of friends and family and their amazing support....but don't you worry a crazy nackles is always around the corner and my friends usually know how to bring that out :) as well as my mature side of course.

Now time for memory montage....and don't worry if you want a montage of music memories check on the "check these out" section (yes I am dork).







































A Mixture of old with new....THANKS for being amazing friends!  Okay so this took up a good hour of my time...time to grade some papers (my students are not going to be too happy with me when they get back from spring break; they did not do a project very well right before break and some of their grades dropped :/...honor students can freak out about grades).

1 comment:

  1. love it!!! thanks for the shout out! Love ya so much.. and I can't wait for our new adventures to come!

    ReplyDelete