Since then I have....
- Traveled to Phoenix for Laura's wedding
- Track season was in mid-swing
- Birthday week!
- Got a new job as a Head Track and Field Coach
- In the process of purchasing a home
- Our one year anniversary
Laura's wedding!
Tri-Deltas!
Our One Year
May was a turning point for me; it was a CRAZY month, but a lot of exciting things happened!
I had set a goal in my career to eventually move up in the Track and Field sport; by being a Head Track and Field coach @ a high school or eventually move over to the college level to work with throws. That goal was finally achieved this month! I am soooo excited to create, mold, and learn next Track and Field season when I become the next Head Track and Field coach @ SME.
SMS's Track
The State meet in Wichita was bittersweet since I will miss this track, South athletes, and coaching staff next year, yet I am ecstatic about my new adventure.
House shopping took over a lot of my time in May as well. I went into forty something homes and there was always something I did not like....location, no basement, kitchen sucked, etc. Finally last week I found a house I could see myself in for many years to come! Great location, basement, great backyard, and not too much to fix inside (always a plus). My inspection is tomorrow so I am crossing my fingers that the rest of the process goes as smoothly as possible!
My New House (?)!
During my last few weeks it would go from track practice to looking at homes, to track meets, to practice and looking at homes...Following that process most weeks and then my obsession to do something fun every weekend or once a week consumed my entire life. Man I need to slow down sometimes but HEY that is what Summer is for!
Summer is finally here, can not believe it! It was a great school year as always and I can not believe I have finished my sixth year of teaching; before I know it it will be twenty years! I love the courses I teach and I have never regretted being a teacher; hell I knew I wanted to work with people when I was an elementary school. Back then though I wanted to be a College Woman's Basketball coach...that has just changed to now being a Head High School Track and Field coach :).
I might not get gifts all the time like YOU elementary teachers, but when a few high school students (out of your 120) show a little gratitude towards you it is the best feeling ever! This was one of them!
Summer will bring more adventures and sadly before I know it summer will be the past and my seventh year of teaching will start!
Summer Plans:
- Concerts
- Montana Trip
- Vegas Trip
- Lake Trip
- Summer and Weights @ SME
- Planning and hiring for the next Track and Field season
- And of course spending time with Gabe, friends, and family...best part!
It all comes down to my last simple message. Dreams do come true. All it takes is patience, hard-work, love, and knowing you are worth it! I achieved a huge dream of mine this Spring and you know I feel quite accomplished :).
Until Next Time!
No comments:
Post a Comment